At the recent Rowing Australia AGM, the principles for a National Coordinated Events Calendar were approved as follows:
The Australian Rowing Championships be held on the last weekend in March as the preferred date, or first weekend in April, unless there are clashes with Easter.
- That State Rowing Championships be held at three week gaps prior to the Australian Rowing Championships, primarily in the following order:
- QLD State Championships (late January)
- NSW State Championships (mid-February)
- Victorian State Championships (early March)
- The Australian Rowing Championship dates will be confirmed until 2019 being the end of the current Sydney International Rowing Regatta funding agreement, and provisional dates be released for 2020 to 2023.
There was also discussion at the AGM regarding the optimal dates for the National Championships in instances when Easter falls on the last weekend in late March/early April. It was agreed that more information was required in order to assess the potential impact of participation and attendance of the, particularly of schools. As such, RA would appreciate feedback from all schools and school’s associations regarding their preferred timing for a National Championships when such a clash occurs. Based upon the feedback received, RA will finalise the dates for future National Championships, and proceed with the development of a National Coordinated Events Calendar in line with the principles outlined above. The link to the survey is below, and will remain open until Friday 1 July (3 weeks). RA thanks you in advance for your participation and feedback.