World Rowing is in its second year of running the World Rowing Indoor Sprints. In collaboration with Concept2, this initiative is one of the first world-wide, virtual competitions. This event provides an opportunity for everyone around the world, no matter what age, country, or ability to participate in an internationally sanctioned, virtual rowing race. The concept: race 1000m on a Concept 2 (Model A-E indoor rowing machine) sometime between 10-12 March 2017 and submit your score to the Concept2 Online Logbook.
In 2016, World Rowing had nearly 4000 individuals taking part from 52 nations with France alone staging 24 events throughout the nation. This year they aim to have even more people participate from all over the world. Are you in?
Leading up to 10 March, World Rowing will supply one workout a week that will help you prepare for the Indoor Sprints. These workouts have been designed by Dr. Cameron Nichol. Nichol is a medical doctor, two-time world silver medallist in rowing for Great Britain and founder of RowingWOD, a company dedicated to indoor rowing.
Post your photos on Twitter or Instagram using #indoorsprints. Show us how your training is going.
- Race 1000 metres on the Concept2 Indoor Rower (Model A-E rowers only, no Dynamic or indoor rowers on Slides) between March 10-12, 2017.
- Enter your time in the Concept2 Online Logbookby 9am GMT on 14 March 2017.
- Medals will be awarded to the top three male and female times in each of the age categories.
- Lightweight categories are offered for those aged 19 and over.
- Para-rowing categories include; LTA, TA and AS
You can find more information about the event on World Rowing’s website – please click here.
We encourage everyone to participate and to share this event with your rowing clubs, family and friends and help grow rowing worldwide.
**Please note – this is a separate competition from the World Games and does not count toward the World Games qualification. The World Games event distances are 2000m and 500m. For more information on the World Games – please click here.