Rowing Australia is providing opportunities for US-based Australian athletes to be selected in a limited number of Under 23 boat classes in 2019. We are seeking suitably qualified individuals for up to two coach/manager roles to work closely with the RA Pathway team to effectively maximise the performance outcomes for these athletes/crews.
Key delivery areas:
- On-site management and organisation of equipment, transport and accommodation of Australian US- based rowers at Princeton University
- The structuring and coordination of pre-selection training between 3 – 12 June
- In consultation with the National Underage Selectors and Deputy Performance Director, coordinate the US-based selection trials between 13 – 16 June
- Conduct training at Princeton from 17 June – 16 July for selected crews
- Manage the travel of these crews to join the Australian Under 23 team in Sarasota, Florida.
- Coach the selected crew(s) in the lead-up and in racing at the Under 23 World Championships in Sarasota, Florida, 24 – 28 July.
Knowledge, experience and attributes:
- Proven track record of coaching successful crews
- Strong planning, organisational and administrative skills
- Experience in delivery of podium capable crews
- Experience in the coaching of multiple crews (including gender and boat class diversity)
- 3+ years’ experience in international rowing coaching or other relevant coaching experience
- RA accredited (Level 2 or above)
- Relevant ‘Working with Vulnerable People’ or similar for the specific state of residency
- High level of personal initiative and autonomy
- A strong team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with coaches, athletes and support staff.
- Enquiries regarding these positions should be directed to Jaime Fernandez (Deputy Performance Director) on 0427 271 297 or [email protected]
- Interested persons should email Naomi Wagstaff at [email protected] indicating their interest in nominating, including providing a brief CV.
- EOIs close 5:00pm AEDT Wednesday 27 March, 2019.
PLEASE NOTE: Successful candidate/s will be required to complete the ‘2019 Underage Coach Nomination Form’, acknowledging and agreeing to all relevant RA policies and terms and conditions. RA will cover travel expenses (including flights, accommodation, meals etc) for the successful candidate/s.