The 2018 Australian Indoor Rowing Challenge takes on Sunday 28 October in every mainland State & Territory.
Challenge yourself to have a go!
The event incorporates the Championship event with medals to be won! We encourage ALL ages and ALL abilities to enter and challenge themselves.
For any questions regarding the Australian Indoor Rowing Challenge please email [email protected]
or telephone Ron Batt on 02 6214 3520 / 0410 583 474.
Need some help preparing for the 2018 Australian Indoor Rowing Challenge?
Click on the buttons below to download your own copy of the training programs.
Note: The word Erg means Ergometer or rowing machine in this training program context.
- Open, Lightweight and Para 500m – Men’s and Women’s
- Open, Lightweight and Para 1000m – Men’s and Women’s
- Open, Lightweight and Para 2000m – Men’s and Women’s
- Team Relay 4 x 500m – Men’s, Women’s and Mixed
The lightweight limits for rowers are:
- Males 75kg
- Females 61.5kg
Single distance events:
- Under 14 years
- Under 16 years
- Under 19 years
- Open / Masters
Open / Masters categories are defined as 20-29yrs, 30-39yrs, 40-49yrs, 50-54yrs, 55-59yrs, 60-64yrs, 65-69yrs, 70-74yrs, 75-79yrs, 80-84yrs, 85+yrs
Relays 4x 500m:
- Under 19 years
- 20 – 39 years
- 40+ years
Race Entry Costs
$5 from each entry goes to the Cancer Council.
- $30 for one race
- $50 for more than one race
- $20 for one race
- $40 for more than one race
- Canberra – Radford College, 1 College Street, Bruce, ACT
- Sydney – Macquarie University Sport & Aquatic Centre, 10 Gymnasium Rd, North Ryde, NSW
- Gold Coast – Trinity Lutheran College, 641 Ashmore Road, Molendinar, QLD
- Melbourne – Lakeside Stadium, 33 Aughtie Drive, Albert Park, VIC
- Brisbane – Brisbane Grammar School – Sports Centre, 33 Kelvin Grove Road, Kelvin Grove, QLD
- Darwin – CrossFit Abode, 12 Swan Crescent, Winnellie, NT
- Perth – Christian Brothers College, 51 Ellen Street, Fremantle, WA
- Nowra – Fleet Air Arm Museum, 489A Albatross Road, Nowra Hill, NSW
- Adelaide – V2 CrossFit Adelaide, 1277 South Road, St Marys, SA
The Australian Indoor Rowing Challenge is proudly supporting the Cancer Council.
Cancer Council is the only Australian charity to work across every area of every cancer, from research to prevention and support. They help people from the point of diagnosis through treatment and survivorship.