Rowing Australia has a zero-tolerance policy to child abuse and neglect in any form.
Rowing Australia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children in rowing by providing a safe and inclusive environment and by ensuring that everyone involved in rowing is educated and informed of their responsibilities to protect and look after Children.
All Children have the right to feel safe and protected from all forms of abuse, harm, and neglect. Children have the right to take part in sport in a safe, positive and enjoyable environment.
Rowing Australia aims to create and maintain an inclusive, child-safe environment that is understood, endorsed, implemented, and adhered to by everyone involved in rowing.
The Policy is part of Rowing Australia’s proactive and preventative approach to upholding its commitment to the safety, wellbeing, participation and empowerment of all Children who access rowing.
The Policy seeks to ensure that everyone involved in rowing is aware of their rights and responsibilities in relation to Children. This Policy sets out the standards of behaviour expected of those involved in rowing and the behaviours that are not acceptable.
Sport Integrity Australia
Sport Integrity Australia is the Commonwealth government department with responsibility for child safeguarding for the sport sector. It safeguards sport in Australia by developing national policies, resources and education to build the capacity of sporting organisations and individuals to provide safe sporting environments.
You can access their safeguarding resources here: https://www.sportintegrity.gov.au/resources
Play by the Rules
Play by the Rules is a unique collaboration between Sport Australia, Australian Human Rights Commission, all state and territory departments of sport and recreation, all state and territory anti-discrimination and human rights agencies, the Office of the Children’s Guardian (NSW) and the Anti-Discrimination Board of NSW. These partners promote Play by the Rules through their networks, along with their own child safety, anti-discrimination and inclusion programs.
Play by the Rules provides information, resources, tools and free online training to increase the capacity and capability of administrators, coaches, officials, players, parents and spectators to assist them in preventing and dealing with discrimination, harassment, child safety, inclusion and integrity issues in sport.
You can access their resources here:
- Click here to view the Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy YouTube video
- Click here to view the Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy Factsheet
- Click here to view the Child Protection Reporting Information
- Click here to view the Child Safe Practices Dos and Don’ts
- Click here to view the Responding and Reporting to a Breach of the Child Safeguarding Policy Flowchart
- Click here to view the How to Involve Children and Young People Guide
- Click here to view the Parents Guide to Selecting a Safe Sporting Club
- Click here to view the Selecting a Child Safe Club Checklist
- Click here to view the Safe Recruitment and Selection Procedures Guide
- Click here to view the Recruitment and Screening Checklist
- Click here to view the Induction of New Volunteers and Staff Checklist
- Click here to view the Overnight Trips and Travel Guide
- Click here to view the Overnight Trips and Travel Checklist
- Click here to view the Day Trips and Competitions Guide
- Click here to view the Day Trips and Competitions Checklist
- Click here to view the Electronic and Online Communication Guide
- Click here to view the Transporting children in Sport Guide
- Click here to view the Events Held in Public Spaces Guide
- Click here to view the Events Held in Public Spaces Checklist