2018 Rowing Australia Coaches Conference
‘Building a Thriving Culture’
Friday 19 to Sunday 21 October, Bayview Eden Hotel, Melbourne
RegistrationClick here to book your ticket!
- 2 day conference ticket to all sessions and keynote speaker
- Tour of Sykes factory on Friday, limited places – register at the time of booking your Conference ticket
- Friday night function and welcome drink
- Morning, afternoon tea and lunches
- Access to exhibition
ProgramDownload Program Here
- Tracey Menzies, Swimming Coach
Swimming Coach Tracey Menzies is best known for coaching five-time Olympic champion Ian Thorpe to become Australia’s most successful Olympian, from late 2002 until his retirement in 2006. When Tracey took over as coach of Australia’s number one swimmer, it was amid controversy. Not only did she replace Ian Thorpe’s long-time coach and mentor Doug Frost but she was a young woman in a traditionally male role and relatively unknown. She was the only female coach to be named on the team since 1972. Considered a role model among women Tracey was named NSW Woman of the Year as part of International Women’s Day in 2005.
However, Tracey Menzies silenced her critics when she guided the Thorpedo to a silver and bronze medal and two golds at the 2004 Athens Games, seven National Titles and numerous World Championship and Grand Prix wins. Ian Thorpe became the first man in history to win a medal in the 100m, 200m and 400m freestyle (F) events at a single Olympic Games!
In the pool, Tracey Menzies uses her knowledge and expertise to help talented young swimmers to achieve future national and international success. Her leadership in developing well rounded swimmers is evident in statements like these – “My guys have a gift and only a small window to make the most of it, but there is still life outside swimming. They need a life balance and an education – you never know what’s around the corner. If they have a bad swim, I say: ‘You’re a good swimmer but you’re not saving lives. Put it into context!’
Additional Speakers include:
- Ian Wright – Men’s Senior Coach, Rowing Australia
- John Keogh – Women’s Senior Coach, Rowing Australia
- Bronwen Lundy – Lead Nutritionist, Rowing Australia
- Dr Steven Rynne – Senior Lecturer and Program Convenor for Sports Coaching at the University of Queensland
- Sarah-Kate Millar – Senior Lecturer, Learning & Curriculum Sport & Rec Programmes at the Auckland University of Technology – NZ
- Adrian Cassidy – Owner and Co-founder of Rowe.rs Ltd – UK
- Anthony Klarica – Director of Elite Performance
Full Program to be announced…stay tuned!
Plan your visit
Venue: Bayview Eden Hotel, Melbourne – 6 Queens Road, Melbourne
Parking: On-site undercover parking is $14 per car per day.
Accommodation: Special accommodation booking rates are available for all delegates and industry partners at Bayview Eden Hotel. To receive the rate please click here OR email reservations on [email protected] or phone 03 9250 2222 or Freecall 1800 033 001 and mention you are attending the Conference
Flights: Rowing Australia Travel Partner, Corporate Travel Management, can help you get to Melbourne. Contact them on +61 3 6221 3400 or visit their website.
Sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities available! Click here for more info.
Packages start at $850
Businesses interested in exhibiting at the Conference, please contact Alice Evans – [email protected]