Anyone, Anywhere, Any time.
Indoor rowing is all about the numbers and where they can take you; a personal best, testing yourself against people in your group, cross training for another sport, being part of a worldwide community, the Invictus Games, World Championships or potentially one day the Olympics. The ultimate equaliser: indoor rowing doesn’t discriminate, it doesn’t matter who you are, what you look like or how much time you have there is a machine available to give you the best workout for what you are looking to achieve.
So, what are your goals?
While anyone can row, focusing on your technique will make your row more enjoyable with greater gains, here are some useful training videos:
Need some inspiration to get you started or looking for some new workouts? [link to the 12 week AIRC training programs] add text that programs for the 1000m and 500m are soon to be released. Add text that people should seek medical advice before starting a program.
ANZAC Day Indoor Rowing Challenge
ANZAC Day Indoor Rowing Challenge / Colgan Foundation Cup
Date: 25 April Dawn to Dusk
- Row 2504metres once or as many times as you want to between dawn and dusk on ANZAC Day to acknowledge past and current service men and women.
- Entry is free and can be completed on any indoor rower type (C2, WaterRower, Technogym, Row Perfect etc) with no requirement to pre-register, simply register your details and total distance once you have completed them.
- Every meter goes towards points in the Colgan Cup for 2021 between Australia and New Zealand where the Country with greatest meters per person rowed wins the challenge and Colgan Cup.
- Open to all ages and abilities.
Interstate Indoor Regatta
Interstate Indoor Regatta
Date/s: Wednesday 23 June 12 noon AEST to Sunday 4 July 12 noon AEST
- Row for your State or Territory from anywhere at any time; even while watching the NRL State of Origin. Every metre counts with the winning state / territory logging the most metres per participant between 23rdJune and 4th
- Any machine type (we may ask to verify your meters via a logbook, screenshots etc.). Set a goal for a single distance/ specific day with set meters and challenge a friend to match you.
- No requirement to pre-register, simply register your details and total distance once you have completed them.
- Entry is free and open to all ages and abilities.
Australian Indoor Rowing Championships
2021 Australian Indoor Rowing Championships (AIRC)
Date: Saturday 30 October 2021 link to AIRC promo video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4zU4m0MrEk
- The 2021 will be the 6thAustralian Indoor Rowing Championships hosted across Australia on a single day within a state-based event centre, or virtually.
- Race distances are 2000m, 1000m 500m and the 2000m team relay (four people)
- Open and Lightweight (Men 75kg, Women 61.5kg) across all age groups over 17 years including Masters.
- Age categories of Under 14years, Under 16Years, Under 19Year, 19-29years, 30-39, 40-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69 etc
- Para categories of PR1, PR2 and PR3
- Challenge yourself to set your best score, test your limits and see where you sit against others your age and weight divisions.
- Entries open 1stAugust 2021
Supported Rowing Australia Indoor Rowing Events:
QLD State Indoor Rowing Championships 6 June 2020 [link to poster] http://qldir.com
WA State Indoor Rowing Championships 21 August https://www.waindoorrowing.com.au
ErgFit Indoor Rowing VIC https://www.ergfit.com.au
Rowing NSW Indoor Rowing Series https://www.rowingnsw.asn.au/indoor/indoor-rowing-series
Concept 2 Challenges https://www.concept2.com/news/tags/challenges
Looking to see how you can get involved, deliver an indoor rowing program or have a program delivered at your School, community centre, group?
The GRow program is also funded through Sport AUS ‘Move it ’initiative and provides a springboard for longer-term engagement in physical activity.
There are four targeted groups –
- new mothers
- inactive adults in the community
- youths in secondary schools and
- youths in custody at Youth Correctional Centres (YCC).
The GRow program also:
- Includes a coach development program, ensuring rowing club/school personnel have the skills and knowledge to lead the program using an on-line coaching resource.
- Assists us to grow capacity in the community
The Riggers program is provided through the Sport AUS Sporting Schools program. It is delivered over 6 sessions and forms part of their co-curricular activities. The school registers for funding from Sport AUS, once accepted the school chooses which sports it wants to have delivered. The program will continue in 2021.
There is a lot of information on the Sporting Schools programs on the Sporting Schools website
Contact us: [email protected]