If you wish to advertise in the classifieds ‘Jobs’ section please contact Lucy Benjamin on [email protected]
Head Rowing Coach – Bunbury Rowing Club
The Bunbury Rowing Club has a long and proud history, both within the local community and the national rowing fraternity. Established in 1921 the club has witnessed and embraced many changes in our community including the needs of amateur sporting clubs. The club now wants to focus its energy and resources into increasing general club membership, rowing participation at all levels and improvement in on-water performance.
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
• Formal rowing qualification (Australian Level 2)
• Proficient in developing rowing techniques and athletic conditioning in athletes of varying ages, experience, and skills
• Experience and ability to teach coxswain skills, sculling and sweep rowing
• Excellent leadership and teaching skills. Must have a passion for the sport, and a desire to pass that on to others
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with athletes, parents, other coaches, officials, and club volunteers
• Ability to communicate effectively – orally, written and in person
• Experience developing and executing endurance and strength training programs and experience with general training principles, nutrition, and exercise physiology
• Working with children check
• Ability to recognise repairs required to equipment
• Australian Level 3 accreditation or working towards
• Skippers ticket
An attractive salary package will be offered to the successful candidate with demonstrated experience in the required criteria.
Candidates are encouraged to register their interest by contacting the Bunbury Rowing Club President via email [email protected] or phone 0409 679 805 for further information.
Bunbury Rowing Club reserves the right to remove advertising and/or commence the selection process prior to the application close date of Friday 14th May 7pm WST.
Rowing ACT Performance Pathways / ACTAS High Performance Assistant Coach
The Rowing ACT / ACTAS Performance Pathways Squad is seeking a full time assistant coach to help develop the ACT’s next generation of Australian Olympic Rowers.
Our role is to identify and then nurture talent through the Rowing Australia Performance Pathway for underage national team representation then on to the National Training Centres. The Rowing ACT Pathway Program (RACT PP), is managed by Rowing ACT and supported by the ACT Academy of Sport (ACTAS).
RACT is responsible for the overall management, promotion and development of the sport and represents affiliated rowing clubs and competitive and recreational members throughout the ACT. ACTAS provides services in athlete management to all categorised athletes and training agreement athletes identified in the pathway program.
Rowing ACT is looking to appoint a full-time Rowing ACT Performance Pathways /ACTAS High Performance Assistant Coach who will be integral in delivery of the Performance Pathways for rowing in the ACT. They will be working to develop athletes for state and national representation on Australian underage teams and coordinating the ACT’s underage interstate squads.
For more information about the role and how to apply, click on the link below to the “SportsPeople” website.
Applications close at 12 noon on Friday 21 May.