If you wish to advertise in the classifieds ‘Jobs’ section please contact Sarah Carnahan on [email protected]
Rowing Australia – Chief Commercial Officer
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) is a key member of the RA Leadership Team and is responsible for helping to develop and implement the strategic efforts that lead the organisation toward the accomplishment of its mission and objectives. The CCO specifically leads and manages the Marketing and Events Business Units and will be expected to lead the successful delivery of the national events calendar and drive the commercialisation efforts of RA including developing, selling, and implementing integrated marketing, sponsorship, fundraising and events initiatives.
You will be required to identify opportunities to diversify the revenue base of RA by developing commercial relationships and leveraging RA’s key brand assets. A key emphasis for the position will be the development and implementation of ongoing fundraising strategies across RA to ensure long term fundraising programs are in place. The CCO will use their experience to build awareness and interest in the sport of Rowing in Australia.
Please click here for full job description
Rowing Australia – Accountant
Reporting to the CFO, this exciting role supports the achievements of the organisation through:
- oversight and management of accounts receivable and payable
- processing and reconciliation of payroll related obligations (Superannuation, Payroll Tax, PAYG)
- reconciliation of GST, and lodgement of quarterly BAS
- management of fixed asset register
- month end accounting including preparation of month end journals, and reconciliations
- delivering quality business and commercial analysis
- overseeing financial management and reconciliation
- assist in developing and maintaining systems and financial models
- assist in the preparation budgets and forecasts
- providing informative analysis of monthly results
- overseeing grants acquittal administration process
- assist with annual audit preparation
For full position description or to apply please click here.
Rowing Coach – Yarra Yarra rowing Club
This position is to provide coaching expertise at Yarra Yarra Rowing Club both on and off the water for squads wishing to improve their rowing technique and fitness capabilities. This is a part time casual position of between 4 – 8 hours per week, across weekday evenings and early morning sessions and Sunday mornings, in the lead up to State and Australian Masters Rowing Championships. The Club is also considering to retain a coach, at a reduced level, through the winter season May – August.
Yarra Yarra Rowing Club is located in Melbourne’s CBD on the Yarra River and is a small club that is wishing to expand their membership base from Masters to a competitive Open division with a desire to developing a junior program over the next 12 months.
Candidates must have a Working With Children Check, Level 1 coaching accreditation for a minimum of 18 months and ideally a Level 2 accreditation with experience in writing training programs.
For full position description click here.
Head Coach – Bairnsdale RC
Bairnsdale Rowing Club (BRC) is a vibrant rowing club in Eastern Victoria, Australia, situated on the Mitchell River. The recipient of the 2018 Rowing Australia Club of the Year for boosting participation of rowing in the local community, BRC is seeking to appoint a Head Coach to improve the standard of rowing at the club, and enable the club to continue to grow its membership numbers. Our current membership consists of Juniors, Seniors, and Masters rowers, and we have had some success, with representation in the Victorian State Women’s Masters crew, and have regularly attended the National Championships through representation in Junior events.
In previous years, the Head Coach position has been held by applicants who have travelled to Australia on a two year working holiday visa, after completing their tertiary studies.
This position is ideally tailored for someone who would like to pursue a career in becoming a rowing coach, with previous Head Coaches going onto coaching careers in New Zealand and the United States.
The Head Coach position offers a successful applicant the opportunity to:
- Experience rowing in another country
- Meet and network leading school, club and university coaches in Victoria
- Attend coaching seminars and clinics run by Rowing Victoria and Rowing Australia
- Travel to regattas throughout Victoria and interstate
- Receive direct mentoring from the Director of Rowing at Gippsland Grammar School (GGS) – the local rowing school (BRC collaboratively works with GGS and regularly competes in composite events with them).
BRC seeks a coach who is:
- Willing to work with the BRC committee towards further developing the club
- Excited to work with rowers of all ages and abilities
- Well organised
- Willing to learn
In order to facilitate this position BRC will pay all coaching related expenses, alongside providing a vehicle for the successful applicants own use, billeted “guest” accommodation from club members, and will help find local employment.
To apply, or for more information, please contact the Club Captain – Tim Hamilton on [email protected]