Umpires play a vital part in Australian rowing, providing safe and controlled environments that are enjoyed by athletes and spectators alike.
The General Areas of Responsibility of the Umpires’ Commission are:
• To support the RA Vision “To be the number one rowing nation in the world and Australia’s leading Olympic Sport”
• To promote umpiring throughout Australia;
• To standardise umpiring and to maintain and improve the quality of umpiring in general, in particular at RA National Championships and at other national events; and
• To monitor the qualifications and quality of RA umpires.
Objectives and Activities
The objectives and activities of the RA Umpires’ Commission are:
• To maintain and develop selection criteria for juries at RA Events;
• To supervise the work of the juries at National Rowing Championships;
• To coordinate Australian umpires’ nominations to FISA and international juries;
• To conduct umpires’ seminars using the most modern educational techniques and methods;
• To conduct examinations for RA umpires licences;
• To attend jury meetings at RA regattas.
The Rowing Australia Umpires’ Commission is represented by the following:
Greg Smith (Chair)
Nick Hunter (ex-officio)
To contact the Umpires’ Commission, please email [email protected], using the subject line ‘Umpires’ Commission’.
Level 1 NROAS
To access the NROAS Documentations for State Associations, please follow this link